Saturday, April 21



President Buhari and former President Jonathan at ‘war’ over abducted Dapchi schoolgirls

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +
Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, in Yobe State, said his administration is prompt to the response to the abduction of 110 students of Government Girls Technical College, Dapchi, was a clear departure from what he described as “the insensitivity of the past administration” that couldn’t do anything when 276 Chibok girls were abducted by Boko Haram in 2014. Goodluck Jonathan and Gen. Muhammadu Buhari President Buhari also said the senseless bombing of worship centres, such as churches and mosques, which was rampant before his administration came into office, had also been curtailed, adding that his government has explored various strategies, including regional and international collaborations to exterminate terror. The President went further to say that, “Unlike Jonathan, I acted fast. : ‘I won’t rest until Dapchi, Chibok girls are rescued’ he orders security agencies to brief him on 24-hour basis

Reacting to this, former President Goodluck Jonathan in a statement signed by one of his aides, Reno Omokri, said there was no iota of truth in the claim that the President is handling Dapchi better than he handled Chibok school girls’ abduction.

President Buhari, who spoke when he met with the parents of abducted Dapchi school girls to console them on the ugly incident, said the Federal Government’s response to the unfortunate abduction of the school girls was “a clear departure from the insensitivity of the past administration which looked the other way while the Chibok girls were taken away in 2014 and held in captivity for over three years.” “Due to our commitment, over 100 Chibok girls have been rescued and reunited with their families, sent back to school and empowered with requisite skills,” he added.

While expressing his heartfelt sympathy to the families of the abducted girls, President Buhari said: “I am here in Yobe State today to express my sincere sympathies to the parents, families, the Government and the entire people of Yobe State whose daughters were callously abducted by unrepentant terrorists.

“On February 19, 2018, we woke up to the painful news of the abduction of 110 students of Government Girls’ Science and Technical College, Dapchi. Since this ugly incident happened, I have not left any stone unturned in making sure that the girls are rescued. “I have ordered the service chiefs and the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, to take direct charge and brief me on a daily basis on the efforts to bring back the girls.

Within four days of the incident, the Minister of Information visited Dapchi and the next day, the Minister of Interior who was accompanied by the Minister of Information, re-visited the school for on-the-spot assessment. “I have ordered the re-strengthening of a Joint Operational Base involving relevant agencies and services to coordinate the rescue mission. Consequently, the service commanders have not only established a unified Command Centre in Maiduguri, the Military has also raised several rescue teams to comb the forests in the North East Theatre of Operation. “In addition, the Nigerian Air Force has maintained aerial surveillance of the area. The Federal Government had earlier sent a delegation of senior officials to visit the Governor and the parents of the girls to re-assure them of the measures the government is taking as well as have an on-the-spot-assessment of the incident.

Source. Vanguard.

Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply